Search This Blog

Sunday 10 April 2011

Beautiful New Bike

Brand new toy
I've done it, I've bought myself a road bike. It's gorgeous even if it is described as 'entry level.' It's a Cannondale CAAD 8. To my mind it is almost as beautiful as a DB9.

I rode it up to the rugby club yesterday and the difference from the faithful old mountain bike is staggering. So much faster that I had a high speed crash at an early stage - I was so busy trying to work out which of the 27 gears to use that I hit the kerb and went arse over tit in front of a group of giggling children. Quite right, it must have looked very funny, a middle aged man in cycling gear somersaulting off his shiny new machine. Still at least my shades stayed on so I must have looked pretty cool in a humiliated sort of way.

Best new toy I've had for ages. Watch out for a lycra blur on the mean streets of Sutton Coldfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment