Search This Blog

Friday 11 January 2013

12 Films At Christmas - 11 & 12

A pair of enjoyable caper movies to finish off the dozen. First we pose the biggest question in the film world - how was it that Guy Ritchie simply could not make a decent film whilst married to Madonna but, as soon as he got unspliced, he relocated his mojo? Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is a right good lark and Robert Downey Jr may have his personal issues but he has watchability in spades.

And it is watchability/star quality/charisma which carries our final film - The Sting. Newman and Redford. Enough said.

So that is it - a dozen films selected rather at random and, I am pleased to conclude, only one dud amongst them. This is the last time I will mention Anonymous but if I ever learn that you have watched it despite my warnings then I will ban you from this blog. It's for your own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment