Search This Blog

Monday 2 November 2015

Some Nights It's Good To Be Alive

Still the same day as it was before but now I have to add praise of the evening meal at the Ship Inn and the top shelf goodness that Big Willy and I hit after the meal. Willy taught me a lesson in life (one that he had learned from a wise man) namely that you should allow one second on the palate for each year of ageing of a whisky. This works and out of the goodness of my heart I share it with you. Tomorrow we will set forth on the links at Conwy. It will do well to match today but Hell we'll do our best. Good night all.  
Welcome to the pleasure dome

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, while you have been basking in sunshine and whisky I have been suffering the vagaries of a grey day in Spain.saw a great music set by Clive Sarstedt and Maurice on Sunday together with some amazing Brazilian dancers. However today on our return a story you would not believe if it were not experienced by me.
    All was well, arrived at Murcia airport with at least 3 minutes to spare ( my co reprobate on this trip Stokey Paul likes to have no wasted time at airports)!!
    We board the plane and wait.
    Then co-pilot gets off.
    Hmmm all is not well me thinks!
    "Captain here got a slight problem. We were receiving some top up battery charging power from the ground crew when Carlos drove off in the truck with the lead still attached!! Minor damage now worried!"
    Anyway 2 hours and 50 minutes later we taxied down the runway!
    Did anyone pick up on the significance of the 2 hours 50 mins?
    One to be aware of if you need to travel Dan dare like I do.
    After 3 hours 1 minute of delay you get COMPO!!
    Oh well maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete