Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Are Brilliant ... Mark XX

The Jaguar AJ26 V8 4 litre. The big cat still purring nicely after all these years on the favourite run up to Anglesey. Still only 63000 miles on the clock and I got 28mpg today which makes it a little more excusable.

Heard on the radio as I journeyed today in the Precious Jag: Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings. I had forgotten just what a fabulous song this is. In its multi-movement structure it actually prefigures the more celebrated Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. So here is a link to a YouTube version of the song - don't be fooled by the description of it as 'the original video' because it's nothing of the sort but, as someone else would say, the song remains the same.




And then, courtesy of the CD player which was a retro-fitted luxury when I acquired the PJ, I was reminded of this sad but beautifully concocted song by Gilbert O'Sullivan. Not in the Lennon/McCartney league by size and reliability of catalogue but O'Sullivan was responsible for a choice few brilliant pop compositions.



Finally, the Malbec grape which, skilfully fermented by those nice Argentinians, has kept me company as the country seat has been lifted from its winter chill (we have neglected it I am afraid to admit) this evening. Still only up to 15 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment