Search This Blog

Sunday 27 March 2016

Negotiation Trump Style

The Washington Post is no friend to The Donald but I trust its journalism. Because it's so cheap, it's the only daily newspaper I subscribe to. I agree that is probably odd for an Englishman. But then I am odd.

Anyway here's a nice little story of Trump's business style - Trump v Coking

He did nothing illegal. He played hardball as he likes to call it. At no point does he seem to have been encumbered by any decency or principle. Self-serving pragmatism is all. He is obviously very good at it, indeed he keeps shouting about what a great negotiator he is and how much wealth this style has garnered.

All lawyers have clients like this, though few quite as endowed as the Donald. For my part I did once have one minor billionaire on the books. My chap seemed to have a moral compass. Which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment