Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 November 2016

The Joy Of Lists

I love lists - and my annual Advent calendar is not much more than me inflicting a list on you dear reader. My own puny bit of cultural imperialism.

This year's list isn't actually one list, it is a conflation of several scraps of paper assembled over the year, ever since I hit on the idea. Yes, my life really is that sad. And that disorganised that I couldn't confine it to one piece of paper. Some time in January I will locate yet another and better version but by then it will be too late.

The rules: no compilation albums (obviously); only one album per artist; it must be music - otherwise I would have to include The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart. Tomorrow, something for all you cool cats.

By way of a mini-list, the films I have watched in the last three days: Peter Pan (Disney 1953). Not the best of the Disney cartoon classics but nonetheless captivating and charming - 7.5/10; The Parallax View - a thriller starring Warren Beatty, understated and underplotted by the usual standards of these things but it keeps you occupied - 6/10; Interstellar - well what are we to make of this rather sprawling mess of a film which throws lots of science at us, often through Matthew McConaughey in an indecipherable drawl? Well actually I think it's rather good, certainly better than that old turkey 2001: a Space Odyssey. 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment