Search This Blog

Monday 12 November 2018

Two Films Recently Watched

I've pondered for a week since watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, and I've decided that my initial reaction was correct - this film is brilliant. Frances McDormand fully deserves her Oscar bur there is so much more, not least a stellar turn from Woody Harrelson. This film has dark humour, horrible tragedy and a realistically small hint of redemption. As, I say brilliant. 9/10.

From Here to Eternity achieved something that eluded Three Billboards - it won the Best Picture Oscar. Mind you there has been some right old tripe that has triumphed at awards time. From Here to Eternity is decidedly not tripe, in fact it's rather good. Sadly when the film you had last watched before revisiting From Here to Eternity was Three Billboards, you are still bedazzled by the brilliance of the latter. Still, as I say, not remotely tripe - 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment