Search This Blog

Monday 21 January 2019

A Further Retreat From Hell

(Let us paraphrase) Let's talk about sport baybee, Let's talk about you and me, Let's talk about all the good things, all the bad things that may be.

The various purveyors of radio entertainment I was listening to on my drive back from the island, were at pains to designate today as Black Monday, the most depressing day of the year. Well, (and again I paraphrase) I have the only cure for life, And the cure for life is joy, I'm the sporting boy that everyone calls laughing boy. Which is a very roundabout way of saying that sport touched the stars last night. Forget about the stratospheric salaries and the hype and feel the quality of the drama in the small hours as both NFL conference championship games went to overtime. You couldn't script it. The day of the two conference finals is actually my favourite of the NFL season, better by far than the Super Bowl. A late night that was worth the staying up.

Before I watched the American Football I viewed another example of a film that won the Best Picture Oscar that isn't that good. Long, worthy and beautiful to look at The Last Emperor flits around Chinese history but never locates its soul. 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment