Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Ballad Of Ira Hayes

Very late last night and after posting on my other blog (http://thestagingofvilebodies.blogspot.com/) I sat down with my Waitrose Good Ordinary Claret (under a fiver, does what it says on the tin) and watched Clint Eastwood's Flags of  Our Fathers which I rather enjoyed. Certainly it is far superior to Invictus which I really wanted to like but which I thought failed in the basic task of conveying the brutality of good rugby. However I was reminded of how a good song can so powerfully do the job of many words and pictures. This Johnny Cash song is one I included on one of my mix cd's done for the annual trip to Ireland and it succinctly gets across the crux of the later film's message.



Looking forward to King Lear tonight but I may take a power nap this afternoon to ensure I am fully alert for the experience. You can't take risks at my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment