Search This Blog

Sunday 12 June 2016

Holidays 16.5.1 - Familiarities

Rather than watch England play football (although I caught the last quarter so saw our brave millionaires surrender a lead and draw with Russia) Groupie and I watched a familair film last night. I may nave reviewed it on here before but I make no apology for again recommending The Dish. It is sweet and nice and completely without cynicism - sometimes that is the sort of gentle familarity one needs. 7/10.

A much less welcome familiarity comes with the pictures of English football fans rioting in Marseille. I really don't care that the Russians and the French seem also to be implicated. This is and always has been our disease - search out the pictures and you will see the ugly truth in the shaven heads, tattoos, pot bellies and blood stains. Scumbags - Hitler (whom some of them affect to admire) had a word for them: untermensch.
The English abroad
  

No comments:

Post a Comment