Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2020

I'm Sorry But Now I've Had Enough

I was watching CNN this afternoon and they showed some voxpop from a Trump rally. The line of questioning was 'Why aren't you wearing a mask?' Some predictably parroted the lines about their constitutional freedoms but the prize for most entertaining (in a quite horribly morbid manner) has to go to the shaven-headed biker type who answered in all seriousness, 'Because it's a fake virus, it doesn't exist.' You have to marvel at the potency of a deep state that such idiots believe could pull off a stunt on that scale.

I'll tell you what constitutes the best argument against the existence of these bizarre plots. The performance of our own dear government in the face of the virus, that's what. To fake a response to the pandemic every bit as inept as the one we are seeing, would take administrative genius on an unprecedented scale. No the sad facts are these: the virus exists and our leaders have completlely lost both plot and control.


So yes, I am (after an implausibly long period of biting my tongue) now officially pissed off with the whole shebang. By the time (if ever) we come out of this, our economy will be shot to pieces. Actually, that's unfair - it's already shot. I know it's difficult lads but please, please, can we have some hint that there is a strategy underlying the constant changes in policy. I will at least concede that the virus looks pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment