Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2021

The Joy Of Rodding Drains

If you don't own a set of drain rods you really should get some. I do suppose in recommending this that you are a member of the drain owning democracy - and I apologise to those who are excluded by my supposition.

Now, of course, the situation that leads to the use of rods is not a pleasant one. Nor is it a fragrant one. However once you have got past the initial queasiness and have plunged your rods into the unsavoury mess and commenced the act of rodding you are on track to that magnificent sensation of a whirling evacuation of the blockage. You can then clean up after yourself in the happy knowledge that, unlike some wimps (aka the rodless), you have averted the need to call in a man to do the job for you.


Thus was it yesterday. We have two lengthy runs of drain and three drain covers. Both runs were rodded and all three covers lifted for an inspection. No need to call in outside assistance. 

So happy was I with my efforts that I followed that activity by going for a run. Some days the gods smile on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment