Search This Blog

Friday 1 October 2021

The Return From Injury Of The Big Fat Pig

September was pretty much a complete write-off so far as BFP's physical fitness was concerned. The injuries I sustained when falling so gracelessly while out running just before I set out for Woburn, most particularly the rib damage, took an age to heal and it is only this week that I have ventured back out onto the mean streets. I have managed three successive days, never tackling anything more than 5k, but being pleasantly surprised by the evidence of the stopwatch. At the Pig's advanced age it is not reasonable to expect to get faster but I am only getting slower by small increments. 

Another obstacle to the Pig has been a reminder of those far-away days before we all ran obsessed in the opposite direction to Covid. I've had a stinking cold - sore throat (lost my voice), feverishness and totally snotted-up. And no, it wasn't Covid - I had a test and everything. And if you want to fight against the after-effects of a cold, well I can thoroughly recommend a short run. Clears the pipes something wonderful. I'm back, large as life and twice as ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment