Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Advent 2021

Big Fat Pig has been playing quite a bit more golf in the last couple of years. Bad golf in good company. Bad golf on some good courses. Bad golf on some decidedly mediocre courses. Only the good company has been a constant.

All of which got me thinking. What are my favourite golf holes? Not necessarily the best holes but those that stand in the memory. Now sometimes those holes achieve their status because they are well-designed; sometimes because they suit my eye; sometimes because I have played them well. So this year we have twenty-four of the best. No course is allowed more than one entry in the list. To my surprise not one of the three courses on which I have broken eighty merits an entry on the list. On reflection this last fact is not so remarkable and I will say it before you do - any course on which BFP can score that well must be crap.

We will start tomorrow with a par 4 of modest length on a course of immodest scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment