Search This Blog

Monday 8 August 2022

A Job Well Done

The Commonwealth Games end today. ICW's daughter H will be in the closing ceremony - she is apparently a Peaky Blinder. I must take the advice of my near neighbour AK and start binge-watching this drama - Peaky Blinders, not the Games.

As for the Games, well I have never harboured any shame about being a Brummie but I am not sure that I have ever been more proud of my hometown than over the week and a half of the Games. We have done a bosting job. For my part I went (as already reported here) to a session of the rugby and last week I went to five sessions of the athletics. What a treat. I was accompanied by a different person on each visit to the Alexander Stadium: my brother WJR on the first day; my mother; DN1; JRS; and finally the Groupie. A good time was had by all. Personal favourites for me were the hammer throw and the decathlon pole vault - not world class performances but spirited and athletes enjoying the roars of a full crowd. Grandpa would have loved it. I've bought the tee shirt - wearing it now as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment