Search This Blog

Friday 21 October 2022

No, Seriously I've Had Enough

You couldn't make this shit up. Liz Truss (who she ed?) lasted forty-five days as prime minister. Forty-five f***ing days. I haven't even had time to write one of my famous blogs commenting on her performance. In all seriousness, an earnest young man of my acquaintance asked me a couple of weeks ago whether she was already the worst PM in my memory. I said the jury was out. Shows what I know. Come back James Callaghan, all is forgiven.

But it lurches from low comedy to plain farce. Now that immoral grifter (can you have a moral grifter?) Boris Johnson is being seriously talked of as returning to office. Spare me please. My dear old Dad once said to me that for him all elections were single issue elections - the issue was education. I am going to follow his line. God, I despise these venal bastards.

no magic cure

Life goes on. Cheerier news - I have bought myself some new golf clubs - TaylorMade M4 irons. The aim of this project is to recover some of the lost yardage that comes with old age. I took them to the Belfry earlier today for a first smash. The distance is great but the accuracy remains pitiful. Oh well they look lovely. And when I am playing golf I can escape from thinking about politics. Which is nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment