Search This Blog

Sunday 10 March 2024

An Antidote For The Tired Mind

Yesterday was one of those days when things just come together and remind you why you love life. You won't have missed the fact that rugby union has been a large part of my life. A diminishing part. I woke yesterday still feeling the effects of a cold and forgave myself an intended run. Instead I settled down for a quiet day in front of the television here in my happy place - I'm in Ynys Mon. I wasn't over-optimistic about the Six Nations fixtures, anticipating another bout of tactical kicking and the accursed caterpillar ruck. Scotland would see-off a valiant Italy and dull England would be outclassed by Ireland. How wrong. How wrong. Italy's victory over the dim Scots was a tear-jerker. And then came the best England performance for an age. Not a complete performnace but one that at last betrayed some wit and intelligence. All washed down with a 2014 Rioja Gran Reserva. Herring roe on toast for supper. Life's been good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment