Search This Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

Rebecca

It's over. A week ago I wrote that I was terrified. If anything the terror increased as the last two dress rehearsals were held. AB had a nightmare final rehearsal when he completely blanked. Horrible for him but oddly comforting for the rest of us in a perverse way. We were all so worried for him that we could ignore our personal demons. He was alright on the night.

We played four nights: Wednesday I was shaky at first but better as the night progressed; Thursday was our best night; Friday I needed a prompt; Saturday AF saved me from a prompt. On the whole it was fun and I have felt mildly down today without the usual imperative to practise my lines.

How was Maxim de Winter to play? Challenging. It is tempting to make him more sympathetic than he really is. He is cold and repressed but he really does love the girl! Plus Rebecca must have been a cow for him to have killed her. That's how I played it. To signify my release from the role I have today shaved my head. The bald patch is a lot less obvious when you remove the surrounding hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment