Search This Blog

Thursday 2 December 2010

Advent 2

As I said this one comes with love from me to you. The Beatles. The Beatles whose cultural importance should not be forgotten. The Beatles who adorn the cover of the two greatest compilation albums ever concocted, the first of which is shown below. I had this on red vinyl. You don't get that with downloads now do you.


Now once again I may have offended the purists by going for the cover of a compilation but I tell you on a student budget the red and the blue were  the ones to go for. Only later did one start to fill in the gaps by buying the original albums.

As I write the snow still lies round about, deep and crisp etc. And the frigging useless Audi lies abandoned on Hillwood Road because it can't make it up the hill. Vorsprung durch technik meinen arse. As you can tell I did Latin at school. Somehow it seemed more fitting than German. I have never regretted it.

2 comments:

  1. Nobody should be offended by this choice.
    This was my introduction to the Beatles; Mom had it on cassette album. She didn't have the blue one because she friends only liked the earlier stuff.

    Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *she and her friends*

    ReplyDelete