Search This Blog

Monday 2 May 2011

Overgraduate In Major Sporting Shock

Modesty prevents me from blowing my own trumpet so I will quote from Big Willy Macfarlane's entry in the visitors book here at the Roberts country estate,

Immensely difficult 15th at Bull Bay - easily parred by Overgraduate on the path to victory. Big Willy four putted.
Oh! What a beautiful morning - we're off to Dunmore East on another golfing pilgrimage. The only cloud in the sky is that I dreamt that David won the Bull Bay Classic yesterday. Pure fantasy of course. I will check with the Chavlings this morning.
Well, Willy my friend it was not  a dream. You really did lose to me at golf yesterday. This must be a low point in your existence, just as it as high one in mine. The Overgraduate has now officially cracked this golf malarkey - the key is not to play for eight months and not to hit even a single ball in practice. Having got a half decent round out of the way I can now concentrate on the serious business of the week ie getting legless and not sleeping. Number one boozing companion Brain flies into Waterford International (ie a field in Ireland) tonight. God bless us one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment