Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 October 2012

You're 'Aving A Larf

Tomorrow belongs to me
They do these things to wind me up I'm sure. A couple of years ago I observed that Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize by reason purely of not being George W. Bush. St Barack at least had the decency to seem mildly embarrassed by the episode.

Now the august judges have gone much further and awarded the prize to the European Union whose unelected President the Great Potentate Baron Jose Manuel of Barroso has signally failed to display any Obamaesque unease at this award. One does have to have a giggle at the thought of the spendthrift EU being on the receiving end of a million oncers from the Nobel committee. I bet it lasted all of a couple of seconds.

And if the EU got the award for, let us say, not being Communist Russia or perhaps, whisper it only, not being Nazi Germany, then might it not have been better directed to that greater buttress of European peace, NATO?

But what do I know and who is John Galt?

No comments:

Post a Comment