Search This Blog

Thursday 17 April 2014

Dave's World Of Sport

So I got up like. And like I wanted to hit some golf balls so I first did some shopping, Easter egg for the wife, tuna for the cats, choc chip muffins for general consumption. But then I was on my way to the Belfry and like I remembered that there's a tournament there this week (Euro Pro tour) so the range will be out of commission. So I turned the car round and headed home. Good job really because when I got here the cats had got another neighbourhood cat cornered in the family room. I organised its evacuation via the garage. Then I had a coffee and like I thought that I really ought to get some exercise. Got into my running gear, donned the magic Oakleys and headed out of the door. I felt really pretty good and had determined to do about four miles. Two minutes and thirty-four seconds, that's how long I lasted before the calf muscle went again. Two minutes and thirty-four sodding seconds. Hobbled home. Cats were behaving themselves this time. But like I still wanted some exercise so I think, you know, I'll go out on the precious push bike. One minute forty-seven seconds, one minute forty-seven sodding seconds I lasted before I realised the calf wasn't up to cycling either. So like I'm home again and still feeling that I want some exercise. The only thing is to go to Fairlawns and have a swim. So that is what I did and there the story gets better because I thrashed my way through thirty lengths and achieved a sense of immense well-being. Now I've had some lunch like and next I'm going to clean-up the cat puke that Piglet (she's one of the cats) has just deposited in the hall. So it goes. Like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment