Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 May 2014

The Little Prince

I'm such a cool cat. Not content with having seen Muse, Sharon and I saw Prince at the NEC the week before last. We had seen him before, twenty plus years ago. He remains good value for money if not quite up there with Muse or Springsteen.

It was an old fashioned sort of show, not a lot of lights or effects, just the man himself, his all female band and stacks of speakers. Groovy man.

On a rather different tack I am still getting over a tremendous weekend in Cardiff for the ERC finals - Northampton v Bath in the Amlin on Friday and Toulon v Saracens in the Heineken on Saturday. The only bum note was the empty seats in evidence at the Heineken final. Plaudits to the estimable JRS who organised everything in habitual meticulous fashion.

Despite a singular lack of respect for any of the parties represented on the ballot paper I made the effort to vote last Thursday. And do you know what, in the midst of a crappy week the simple process of marking a cross in a box uplifted me. That is where I shall leave it  because any sober (or indeed drunken) analysis of our wretched political class will only make me all sad again. As Churchill sort of said, democracy is the least bad system available.

No comments:

Post a Comment