Search This Blog

Saturday 12 July 2014

A Marvellously Daft Game

Saturday morning so no diet today. Watched the entire morning session of the first test match between  England and India. England had been lamentable yesterday and resumed nine wickets down and behind the eight ball. So I told myself I would watch until the last wicket fell. This did not happen until ten minutes after lunch, by which time Root and Anderson had compiled a world record last wicket stand of 198. Cricket, a marvellously daft game.

Talking of daft games I've been enjoying the Scottish Open golf from Royal Aberdeen. Seaside golf is unbeatable and the spectacle has stirred a hankering to get to the links. The closest I can get is to visit the website of my old favourite Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Club. Dunstanburgh Golf

Fifteen minutes on the cross-trainer yesterday and another brief pounding of the dumbbells. Feeling in moderately canny fettle. Sun is shining, barbecue tonight. Back of the net.  

No comments:

Post a Comment