Search This Blog

Saturday 14 February 2015

An Upward Curve

I think we will have some good news to share in the near future but I must keep quiet for now. Suffice to say that the week started as gloomily as do most but got better as it progressed. Plus, I swam 750 metres yesterday and ran a couple of miles this morning. My back is stiff and the troublesome ankle is still a little tender but the new tights and the Oakleys are doing their job and protecting me from other injury.

Spring is just around the corner and a gentleman's thoughts turn to Cheltenham and then to amateur dramatics. The Festival is less than a month away and it can't come soon enough. Mind you if it arrived any earlier that would mean that I was out of time to learn the bucketload of lines I have to master as Rafe Crompton in Spring and Port Wine. Intimidating but another cracking part. Best line - 'I'll thank you not to dip your nib where there's no ink.' Once again I play a somewhat forbidding and grumpy middle-aged man. It's a bloody good job that casting directors can see past my benign exterior.

Happy Valentine's
And to add to the joy, I have in prospect an afternoon of Six Nations rugby and an impudent little prosecco. As for that rugby, another important afternoon in the development of this English side. Italy will be doughty and obdurate but England need to be putting them to the sword to back up the outstanding win in Cardiff. Later on we have the beautifully coached Ireland against the plain bonkers enigma that is France. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment