Search This Blog

Friday 27 February 2015

Kia Sorento - Interim Verdict. Plus Thoughts On Capital Food.

Our Kia Sorento (aka Canyonero - check out The Simpsons episode 193, The Last Temptation of Krust) is almost a year old and had its first service today. No problems, in fact no bill because I got five free (well I suppose I paid for them but not much) services as part of the deal. It is not a Range Rover but then again it is less than half the price of a similarly spec'd RR so who's complaining. It drives nicely and copes with any conditions I might care to throw at it. And they even sorted out the problem with the radio on service. Result. Recommended? Definitely - and a word for the dealers, Sutton Park Kia, who have been a pleasure to deal with.

It's taken me a few days to get round to recording it but we had a nice weekend in London. We did rather more eating out than is good for waistline or wallet and because it's what I do, I will give you my prĂ©cis of the experience. I've expressed pleasure before about the Prince of Wales Feathers, the pub over the road from Helen's flat, so I won't do that again. But new destinations were: the Fig and Olive, Islington (Saturday night); Dishoom, King's Cross (Sunday breakfast); and the Phoenix in Cavendish Square (Sunday lunch).

Fig and Olive - crowded and lively. Service friendly if a little chaotic, first bottle of prosecco on the tepid side, but all redeemed by a fabulous main course shin of pork. 6.5/10. Fig and Olive

Washed down with a Bloody Mary
Dishoom - a modish 'Bombay Cafe'. This place was good - a tasty fusion bacon and egg naan roll with a side of chicken livers, a very creditable Bloody Mary and good coffee. 7.5/10. Dishoom

Phoenix - well I only had fries and dips (perfectly fine) but there was a nice atmosphere and the service was notably cheerful and efficient. Provisional 7/10. Phoenix     

No comments:

Post a Comment