Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 September 2015

32 Days, Optimism Restored

I ran for 108 minutes this afternoon which lifted me out of a mild depressive funk. I feel nicely knackered now. A couple of days of rest since the 10k on Sunday seems to have replenished the batteries and I have even started to make some vague attempts at fund-raising. If you think you could support BFP and more importantly the good people at Mind you will find the link in the margin of this blog.

I remembered to eat before running, mindful of Sunday's travails. I think I've settled on a bagel with peanut butter and jam. I also had one of the energy gels I got in Sunday's pre-race goody bag.  Perhaps I should also try one of the sachets of porridge they gave me.

Queen Elizabeth today became our longest serving monarch. The BBC described her as driven by service and sustained by faith which all sounds rather marvellous until you consider that this might well be how the leaders of toxic perverted Islam now see themselves. That is not meant as a side-swipe at the monarch because I'm a considerable fan, but rather as a glum observation on the pitiful refugee crisis that so besets Europe. On which topic a little light is shed (or more accurately the lack of light is analysed) by the estimable Matthew Parris in the Spectator Columnists . While you're there check out the top drawer rant by a back on form Rod Liddle.     

No comments:

Post a Comment