Search This Blog

Saturday 12 September 2015

A Couple Of Silly Films

I've not taxed the old grey matter too much with my film watching this week.

First up was The Recruit. This is one of the many films in which Al Pacino plays Al Pacino. It also has Colin Farrell, who undeniably has presence. Also undeniable is the implausibility of the plot but it does keep you sort of guessing. Mild fun. 5/10.

However if it is implausibility you want then go straight to Mission:Impossible II (what is it with the colon?). Now before you howl, I do know that this franchise is not about cinema verite. However this instalment  is just too knowing and, bluntly, silly. And what is the word I am looking for to describe Thandie Newton? Oh I know - rubbish. Plain bloody rubbish. 4.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment