Search This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2016

12 Films At Christmas - 12

Yes, yes, I know it's bloody ridiculous to have taken this long to get round to it but there are excuses - Shakespeare/Bagehot, laziness, disorganisation etc, all the usual suspects.

So to conclude a fairly unadventurous dozen we complete the set with The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. This could have turned into an obnoxious over-acting contest but the band of consumate professionals never descend to that. Quite right too to see Tamsin Greig granted provisional membership of the National Treasure Society with her part in this film.

For forty minutes I was enjoying the whimsy and the acting but I felt I already knew exactly where the plot was going. In fact it transpired I didn't, not exactly. Alright it's not Inception (am I the only one who pretends he fully followed that one?) but it does enough. 6.5/10. 

See you next Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment