Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2016

It's Only A Game

Dear Reader,

what a shameful (yes I think shame does just about come into it) performance by the glorious multi-millionaires carrying the proud name of English football last night. A memorable 1-2 defeat at the hands of the mighty Iceland, population about the same as Leicester.

Whoops
 So it is with some modest joy that I confess to my Icelandic heritage and will today use my actual name - Dagbor Overgraduatesonn. Watch us as we go forward to topple yet more giants of the game. Afram Island (look  it up).

We Icelanders don't really play rugby so my favourite team is England and, wouldn't you know it, they have just won a series in Australia 3-0. All hail Sir Eddie Jones. I've been reading the Welsh message boards which are cheerfully fatalistic about the tanning they took from the All Blacks, and even on those forums there is grudging praise for what England have done, interspersed, of course, with some complaints about Australia scoring more tries and the unreliability of the referees - even including some carping at the special one, Nigel Owens. Steady on chaps.

I've been down in that London for a long weekend and I'll shortly let you have some thoughts on that and the general madness of the post-apocalyptic world of the Brexit referendum. But first I've got to go and get that three lions tattoo removed.

Yours in sport,

Dagbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment