Search This Blog

Saturday 10 December 2016

Advent 10

Not often, but sometimes I listen to music radio as I go to sleep - most often it is Janice Long on Radio Two on a Sunday night. Now this seems to me to be a terrible confession to make because Long prattles on annoyingly in a manner that approaches the Himalayan heights of Jo Whiley. However she does have the redeeming feature of playing some arresting music. I suppose the same has to be conceded to Whiley.

Anyhow, it was on Long's show that I drowsily first heard Rilo Kiley's Silver Lining (2007), the opening track from their excellent Under the Blacklight. I had to hear more. I listened to this album a lot when working on essays during my second incarnation as a student, a time I freely and selfishly admit was just bloody great fun. Fun is not to be lightly dismissed.


No comments:

Post a Comment