Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Porto 2

Now let's be clear, I'm not one of those ghastly people who photographs his food and then tweets it to world. No, I got the Groupie to photograph it and now I'm letting you share. You lucky people - I believe it was Tommy Trinder who used to say that.

Big Fat Pig hits the seafood

That's right, octopus. Yum yum yum. Groupie had the chicken - also delicious. Bottle of the old vinho verde to wash it down. Total price €37.70. I repeat (partly because I've just discovered how to get the euro sign on this keyboard) €37.70. All of this at the down-to-earth Cais da Tosca in Aveiro. Highly recommended.

Aveiro is, by dint of its network of canals, Portugal's answer to Venice and a fair proportion of Porto had decamped there for today's public holiday, many of them on our train. A small sample I know but the trains on both journeys ran immaculately to time, were crowded but cheerful and were notably clean. It is a trip of just over an hour and the adult fare is €7.00 return. Not Venice perhaps but it knocks Tipton into a cocked hat.

Winery visits in the Douro Vallley tomorrow. Someone's got to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment