Search This Blog

Sunday 19 November 2023

The State Of Our Union

Symbolic or what? My journey to Anglesey on Friday evening took the best part of six hours. A wicked combination of pot-holes, road works, chaotic driving (not by me you understand), and sheer bad luck. Symbolic of what? The state of the country that's what. Broken Britain. We have a government incapable of governing, a Loyal Opposition scared shitless of professing any plausible policies and, just to cap it all, David (now Lord) Cameron is back in the cabinet. Actually I don't mind the Cameron appointment - he does at least have gravitas and must have plenty of political energy left after doing basically sod-all in his time as Prime Minister. 

What have I done to deserve this? Mind you, could be worse - I could be American, a native of a great country that seems determined to waste all of its manifest advantages. Please surprise me.

I think I've got a wart developing on my finger. Bloody hell, I repeat - what have I done to deserve this?


No comments:

Post a Comment