Search This Blog

Thursday 15 July 2010

Don't You Just Hate It?

When someone says what you think but says it so much more concisely and eloquently than you can?

I brought a pile of magazines with me to Anglesey to catch up with my reading and I've had a lovely vinous night ploughing through the back numbers. Found a topping article in the Spectator of 3 July.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/6113288/do-you-want-someone-like-you-in-charge.thtml

Now I have to confess it does include a little bit of gratuitous Harriet Harman bashing but that is not what makes it so good. It takes issue with what it aptly terms a 'pernicious new orthodoxy.' I've said before (in the context of proportional representation I think it was) that you need to be careful what you wish for and that applies equally to this topic. Mind you I am looking forward to the imposition of a quota of talentless 50 year olds in the England rugby team. Just think how proud Dad will be when I stride out to earn my utterly undeserved cap. It's my human right after all. Nobody can deny that I worked awfully hard to be as crap as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment