Search This Blog

Monday 26 November 2018

The Last Cut

I think that's going to be it for this year. I cut the lawn today, more a matter of mulching and collecting the remaining leaves from the lawn than a serious manicure. If I say so myself, it looks pretty good - the patches killed by the summer heat have all now recovered and the whole suits its autumnal deep green.

Mind you the cutting was not without its mild sadness - my precious petrol mower has served me well for two decades and on three lawns, the old scabby affair in Streetly and both the original lawn here in Four Oaks and the beautiful new one that was laid when we had the garden re-done. My Christmas present to myself will be a nice new mower - not a sit-on, that would be de trop, but definitely a powerful petrol self-propelling model. Stripes a-go-go.

By the way I bet you're all salivating at the imminent prospect of the Overgraduate Advent Calendar. It will be all systems go on Saturday morning. This year's subject is ... I'll tell you later in the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment