Search This Blog

Thursday 17 January 2019

This Sceptred Isle

I can bear it no longer. Having wailed for an age that we were all going to Hell in a handcart, it is my sad duty to announce that we have finally got there - please make sure you take all your belongings with you when leaving the handcart and remember that when alighting, never mind a gap there isn't even a bloody platform.

A new acronym has been floating around my poor befuddled head - BRINO - this one apparently stands for Brexit In Name Only. It is bandied about by those Tories who think (correctly) that May's benighted deal was inadequate. Maybe, just maybe, no better deal can be negotiated, actually no I withdraw that prevarication - of course a better deal could have been struck if we had ever been serious about it. And now that nice but ridiculous man Jeremy Corbyn wants us to go back to the negotiating table having publicly forsaken our right to walk away. I'm bloody glad I never had Jezza for a client.

I no longer care very much whether or not we depart the EU - we are led by such cretins (with other cretins standing in the wings to take their place) that it all makes no difference. What a complete mess. Those in government are not fit to govern. The alternatives are mostly barking mad. Was this my fault? That thought honestly keeps me up at night. I do know it wasn't all my doing but should I have taken up arms against this sea of troubles? Whilst I have (fairly) quietly been minding my own business, paying my taxes on time and being a good citizen, morons have taken over the country. Whenever my infant daughters used to say that they 'hated' something, I used to scold them not to be so vituperative - hate is always too strong an emotion. Well here's the news: I hate our political class. And I rather hate myself for feeling that way.

Oh well it's only a game - time to get back to researching the best place to which I can afford to emigrate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment