Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 February 2022

More Rain, More Seaside

I'm back home at Casa Piggy after a pleasant enough drive back on the A55 - A525 route. I had been planning to take the classic A5 route but I found myself listening to an interesting documentary about Elvis Presley's 1968 comeback television special and didn't want to lose the radio signal. It was a good piece of cultural materialism, whatever that really means.  

I digress. Just a brief line to comment on England's Six Nations performance on Sunday. The good thing: Italy were kept scoreless; the bad thing: most everything else - imprecision masquerading as ambition. They should expect to be judged by high standards. On that basis this was, in academic terms, a solid 2:2, nothing more.

I had another bottle of that Malbec and stayed awake for the whole of the Super Bowl - a tight tussle that rewarded my patience. I could do without all the half-time shenanigans mind you. I made myself a hot-dog at that stage and took in some of the Winter Olympics. Also boring.

I've discovered a new food group that I like - the Ginsters Bombay Potato and Spinach Pasty. Vivid proof that vegetarianism isn't always good for you. I have been trying (mostly successfully) to avoid eating meat during the week (I don't drink alcohol either) because of my blood pressure. Not at all convinced that it does me any good but I do feel vaguely virtuous.

Sorry, I've just looked at the title I had given this piece - it was raining at the seaside.

No comments:

Post a Comment