Search This Blog

Thursday 10 February 2022

Suspicion

Not really a great fan of Alfred Hitchcock. Am I allowed to say that? I can see that he's good at what he does but I don't find myself dreamily sighing 'genius' as I watch his films. Mind you I have to say the The Birds scared the crap out of me as a youngster. 

All of which leads me on to Suspicion. It's a slight confection and prehaps the cleverest thing about it is the way it ends. It leaves everything up in the air and makes you wonder if you might not have wasted the previous couple of hours. On balance I hadn't, but definitely not the stuff of genius. 66/100. 

Onto weightier matters. The Six Nations is up and running. What does the OG think of last weekend's opening fixtures? Ireland - very impressive, dexterity allied to ferocity. Wales - crippled by injuries, the usually magnificently chippy Dan Biggar seemingly cowed into meekness by the captaincy. Scotland - handed England a lesson in how to play without the ball, the arrival of Townsend as a serious coach? England - naive; Jones must go? Yes, I'm sticking to my guns on that one and hoping that I am proved wrong; France - on the up; Italy - brave but outgunned. Plu ca change etc. 

Boris Johnson - no don't get me started. That's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment