Search This Blog

Friday 14 September 2012

No Pictures Of Topless Royals Here

Come on you Bears.
Boy Troughton done good.
Today's title being one of my sporadic experiments in increasing the number of hits my pages get, because, lest you missed it, some French rag has today published pictures of Kate Middleton sans top. About which I have nothing to say, zilch, nada, rien, sweet FA.

But what I do want to talk about are some reasons to be cheerful. First up, belated congratulations to Warwickshire on winning the County Championship, and captained by Dr Who's grandson no less - that one surely has to come up in Round Britain Quiz some day.

Second up, Jeff Randall from Sky. Talks sense about business. Like the cut of his jib. Wonder if he likes mine? Leave a comment if you do please Jeff.

Third up, That black dog who was following me around last week has been more like a playful labrador puppy this week. I'm aiming to keep him as a pet.

I've got the whole set.
Admit it you're jealous.
Fourth up, Walter Bagehot. All fifteen (yes fifteen) volumes of his Collected Works (ed Norman St John-Stevas) plonked onto my doorstep this morning, beautifully wrapped and dispatched by Tombland Bookshop in Norwich at a very reasonable price. Apparently some of the volumes are from the library of the late Lord Blake, historian of the Tory party. Looks like even he had never read some of them.

Fifth up, we really do have to mention Andy Murray. My dear old Dad wasn't even two when a Briton last won a men's Grand Slam singles title. Well done that Scotsman. More power to your tennis elbow.

Sixth up, good legal drafting. I'm not going to bore you with examples but I love it when I see it, particularly when I'm the one who did it.

(L-R) genius, horse, jockey
Seventh up, the revived health of horse racing. Tomorrow brother William and I are going to Doncaster where we may well see two pieces of history - Camelot winning a triple Crown and his trainer, the quite brilliant Aidan O'Brien winning all five classics in one season. Regardless of history I bet you we have a great day - which may well be my only winning bet. Nothing will spoil my day - not even if we find ourselves sharing a table with John Bercow, Vince Cable and a minibus load of French paparazzi.

No comments:

Post a Comment