Search This Blog

Thursday 23 January 2014

T+ 20 And Feeling Very Virtuous

I've twice run for in excess of half an hour this week. This gives me a feeling of exceeding good health and a moderate sense of mental well-being even though work has conspired to be a bit of a pig lately. So all well on the Dave front and a man's mind turns to doing a triathlon in the late Spring. Good to have targets, even daft ones.

Aren't our politicians a squalid lot? I've just heard a Labour politico making a defence of the work of the Public Accounts Committee, work which comprises a lot of showing off by politicians (of all hues) whom you wouldn't trust to run a whelk stall. Perhaps the only thing less enchanting is that prize git Russell Brand spouting bollocks about why we shouldn't vote. Who to admire in public life? Search me.

So what's next? Get the bike serviced and sort out somewhere to do my famous slow swimming. I think  the time may have come to join a fitness club where I can be sure of pool time. The great unwashed do so get in a chap's way.

Another good thing about running again is that I can wear the Oakleys which of course make me go that much faster, well at least slowly with attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment