Search This Blog

Friday 10 April 2015

At The Risk Of Repeating Myself

The voice of cricket
You've probably got the message by now - I am suspicious of interventionism. As ought to be proper Tories. So wtf is going on today - Eric Pickles (with the full backing of the Boy Cameron) bribing the volunteers among us with our employers' money - Pathetic Tory Bribe. I approve of this absolutely as much as I do the bien pensant urgings within my own profession for mandated pro bono work. Can you spot the tongue in my cheek?

However, some ostensibly sad news brought with it some good. The completely brilliant Richie Benaud died at a good age (that is the sad bit) and his demise led the BBC news when I switched on this morning - that editorial judgement was the good news. It has slipped down the running order as the day's political blather has escalated but the early sensibility was a good one.

For my next trick I will divulge in advance the winner of the Grand National, but you will have to wait until tomorrow morning for that treat in what will be blog number 499. Number 500 will presumably have to be made up of excuses for why I got it wrong. But then again stranger things have happened. See you.

PS. Just realised that I can't count. This is number 499 so the Grand National Preview will be 500. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment