Search This Blog

Saturday 18 April 2015

I've Just Mowed The Lawn Again

Which was nice. And I took particular care to perfect the stripe that Viperjohn claims was askew. Don't worry John, that bottle of Barolo is still safe in the cellar awaiting us when the time is right.

Wank legislation? Try s144(5) of Transport Act 2000. Fine of £60 for being in a bus lane I didn't even know was a sodding bus lane. And can somebody tell me how else you actually get to drop anyone off at Moor Street station?

A good film for you - Scorsese's Wolf of Wall Street. DiCaprio is really rather fine. Scorsese is a giant.

Now for that good news I promised you months ago (admit it, you'd forgotten hadn't you - I'm hurt). The Overgraduate and his employers are parting company by mutual consent on Wednesday 22 April. Any more than that I am forbidden by law to tell you. Suffice it to say that I am happy and I rather suspect so are they. Probably my fault. If nothing else it's been interesting. If any of my readership wants my not inconsiderable commercial experience on their side, just drop me a line. I promise to behave myself.

I've made a surprisingly satisfactory return to road running. Touch wood no leg injuries and I'm up to five miles now. Go BFP!

home of the monster haddock
Do you know what else is good? the Mere Green Chippy - you should have seen the size and quality of the piece of haddock I had for my tea last night. Even BFP couldn't finish it at the first sitting but he did come back for a late supper.

Not so good is the wretched Indian Premier League - a travesty of cricket. If you want to watch something that's over in three and a half hours and involves bat and ball then please watch baseball,  a game I love, a game designed for such brevity and void of the artificiality of Duckworth/Lewis. I also love proper cricket, can see enough of the game's proper skills in fifty over cricket to make it palatable, but Twenty20 is the bastard child that is going to murder its parents. Next you'll be telling me that Sevens is proper rugby rather than an end of season diversion.

Next I'm going to do the weeding. This time next week I'll be in the bar at Bull Bay Golf Club preparing in the traditional manner for the Bull Bay Classic (in which dear reader I must remind you I shall be defending champion) - I can't remember looking forward to it quite so much. I have had my usual thorough built-up, not having graced a golf course since my hung-over appearance at Chesterfield on QMT tour last July. Bring it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment