Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 July 2016

I Wish I'd Said That

I have been searching around in an effort to master giving voice to the unease I feel as an officer of the Supreme Court about EU institutions. As is usually the case I find that someone esle has got there before me and done it rather better to boot.
The European Court of Justice uses its doctrines to expand EU law into 'ever wider fields' to coerce our courts into disregarding the laws of our democratically elected parliament. No other trading bloc in the world coerces its members in this way, or imposes a system of law which penetrates into national courts and overrules national laws. Our new relationship with the EU can end that and work towards true cooperation. We can now return to the well-trusted principles of the common law as interpreted by our own courts, applying statute laws made by people we elect.  Martin Howe QC

1 comment: