Search This Blog

Saturday 2 July 2016

Tidy

Well who would have known it. It was as recently as 28 June that I was owning up to my Icelandic forebears and my lifelong support of the Icelandic football team. Of course what I omitted to say was that my full name is Dagbor Dafydd Overgraduatesonn, the middle name down to the strong Welsh lines in my heritage. Wales: 3 Belgium: 1. Enough said. Cymru am byth indeed. Next up the Portugese and, in particular, that preening twit Christiano Ronaldo. Is it vulgar of me to hope he gets kicked up in the air?

Mind you I have to confess that I didn't watch the game live. Instead we were binge watching the first series of Happy Valley. Very good.

Pretty good I thought was American Sniper when I watched it earlier this week. Bradley Cooper gives a monosyllabic and muscular performance as the decorated crack-shot Navy SEAL, Chris Kyle, fighting his personal battle with Iraq. Clint Eastwood directs. Some have damned the film as propoganda. That misses the point. It is about war and its after-effects on those who fight and those who stay at home. It is a tauter, less histrionic cousin to The Deerhunter. Not great but certainly not bad and Cooper is impressive. 6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment