Search This Blog

Saturday 16 March 2019

One Man Rescue Mission

Big Fat Pig's selfless effort to resuscitate the gaming industry was an almost unblemished success. Only four each way pick-ups spoilt a week of utter betting incompetence. I might as well have stood in the middle of Prestbury Park at the outset of proceedings and set fire to my wallet.

At one point a gift horse presented itself but unlike all my companions I was the one who had to look into its mouth, detect a non-existent flaw and back instead another loser. A horse ran called William Henry: my middle name is Henry, my brother is William, my maternal grandfather was William Henry, my paternal grandfather also had Henry as his middle name. Never mind reading the form, this was a horse the Pig had to back. Did he? Did he bollocks. It won at 25/1, enriching in the process his fellow travellers.

Despite my lack of financial acumen, the Festival was its usual uproarious and magnificent self. Next year will be more successful.

William Henry: yet another one that got away
 

No comments:

Post a Comment