Search This Blog

Sunday 10 March 2019

Reasons To Be Cheerful

I was feeling a tad off-colour when last I wrote, but the weekend has come and the Groupie has been around to keep an eye on me and I feel a good deal better thank you.

What's the recipe today Jim? Remember that? doesn't matter. Well, first up is the Six Nations, in which Wales outlasted and outgunned the Scots. England duffed up Italy but to this jaundiced eye were clearly vulnerable on the odd occasions when asked to defend. Ireland coasted past a woeful French XV. All is nicely set-up for next Saturday when Italy and France argue over the wooden spoon, Wales will fail to complete a Grand Slam against a rejuvenated Ireland and England will scrape home against Scotland and carry off the title. Feel free to bet on it.

Talking of betting, we are now only two days away from the Cheltenham Festival. The Pig will be there on Wednesday and Thursday and glued to the screen for the first and last days. Bring it on.

I must mention the box set Groupie and Pig have just finished watching - not all at once you understand but over a couple of months. The Pig, and indeed the Groupie, were blown away by Paul Abbott's No Offence. Very,very good.


I can also (and here I spoil you I know) recommend an easily digested cinematic amuse bouche - Kenneth Branagh directs and stars in Murder on the Orient Express. 7/10.

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment