Search This Blog

Monday 1 January 2024

Tweve Films At Christmas - 9 & 10

Two films today that I have reviewed in previous iterations of this feature. You can use the search button above to check out if I have observed critical consistency. Actually you needn't bother - I've done it already myself. Christmas does, of course, lend itself to nostalgic repeat consumption of festive films.

It is only a year since the Groupie and I attended a bibulous screening cum wine-tasting event at the Electric Cinema and enjoyed White Christmas. I was slightly concerned that the wine and the company might make me too genereous in my assessment. On this occasion I watched the film in the company of my mother on Christmas Day. Great fun, tuneful, comedic - I stick at 70/100.

When I reviewed Scrooge exactly three years ago, I lamented that I had to endure it (on Channel 5) in the horrible 'colorized' print. Well, praise be, someone was listening (I jest - I am not so vain as to think I have any influence) and this time it was in black and white, indeed, even better, a restored digitized print courtesy of the BFI. I up it to 74/100. 

PS. Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment