Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 March 2020

On Ageing Disgracefully

Yesterday it rained. Today it has not, although the temperature has been sharp to say the least. Still I saw quite a few hardy souls out for a walk as I ran four miles (yes you did read that right - the Pig is back) this morning. I traded greetings with various people and exchanged knowing nods (the stock in trade of the self-righteous) with a few fellow runners - this is an exaggeration of course, what the Pig does these days is not so much running as shuffling. It is, in the Pig's defence, moderately faster than walking.

At what age does middle age end? I will hit sixty next month. Will I pass from being a MAMIL (middle aged man in lycra) to some other status? Is wearing lycra after passing six decades on the planet an affront to decency? Do you know what - I don't care. It makes me feel good, even if the pre-exercise stretching and the post-exercise recovery take longer and longer.

And another thing - I'm off the midweek vino at present. Sodding hell I feel smug! And the FTSE went up today so I am moderately richer than yesterday and still substantially poorer than one short month ago. You can't take it with you but I'm thinking of living for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment