Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2020

Of Good Fellowship And An Unknown Friend

It didn't just rain last week, it bloody poured. It should have been the week of the QMT golf tour but coronavirus obviously put paid to that. In its place BH was at the helm of organising a three day festival of local golf - Wednesday Aston Wood, Thursday Lickey Hills, and Friday Pype Hayes. Most particularly on the first two days we got thoroughly soaked, indeed at Aston Wood the lightning forced us off the course early. Despite the vagaries of the English summer a good time was had by all. Thanks Brian.

Lickey Hills (pictured) was a revelation to me - like Pype Hayes a public course free from any airs and graces and very pretty to look at. I thought it a good test of my geriatric game and despite the constant downpour I played one of my best rounds in an eternity. We shall return. Thanks to JRS and MS for keeping me company - walking off after nine in those conditions would have been perfectly understandable but I was playing quite passably so they kept me company.

And as for my unknown friend, well that is whoever found and handed in my wedge at Pype Hayes - I only noticed its loss this morning but it was safely stowed in the stockroom at Pype Hayes. Faith in human nature duly refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment