Search This Blog

Thursday 24 December 2020

Advent 24

To bring us to a grand conclusion, here it is, the song that is my current idea of my favourite cover version. I go through fads of opinion just like anyone else but this has been my rediscovery of the year. In fact it was listening to and admiring this track that got me started on this iteration of the OG calendar.

Behind the coveted Door 24 we find The Byrds and their cover of Dylan's My Back Pages. Enjoy - and take time to decipher the lyrics. In them I find that spirit inculcated by my second exposure to tertiary education. I look back at my last years in private legal practice and I conclude that I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. 

Thank you for your attention. Happy Christmas and may your God go with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment